Welcome to the online portfolio of visual artist Acerone.
“Myth must be kept alive. The people who can keep it alive are the artists of one kind or another.”
Acerone (Palmer, L. b. 1978, Bristol, UK) is a visual artist and educationalist born and educated in England.
Known for his contribution to the Bristol graffiti street art movement, Acerone has been an active visual artist since the mid 1990’s and continues to make photographic works and paintings both in the streets and on canvas that seek to explore the relationships between the static and the dynamic, simplicity and detail, and the past and the present.
Current artwork is available at www.acer1.bigcartel.com
* City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery
* M-Shed Museum, Bristol
* Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
* 'Call to Adventure' - Solo show. Glass Room Gallery, Colston Hall, Bristol (2010)
* 'Distance Travelled' - Group show with Dicy + Ziml. Centrespace Gallery, Bristol (2010)
* 'Triple Drop' - Group show with Dicy + Ziml. Centrespace Gallery, Bristol (2009)
* 'Photographiti' - Solo show. Friend & Co Gallery, Bristol (2009)
* 'Crimes of Passion' - Group show. Royal West of England Academy (2009)
In 2008, 2007 and 2006, he represented the UK at the Meeting of Styles street painting conventions in Zurich, Switzerland and Wiesbaden, Germany.